Thursday, February 26, 2009

Esther Part IV


E7:3
The queen answered and said, If I have found favour in thy sight, if it please
the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my
request: For we are sold, I and my people to be destroyed, to be slain and
to perish.

Do you think Haman has an idea yet- do you think he is starting to squirm, wondering if Esther is a Jew- or do you think he is clueless?


The king answers:
Who is he, and where is he that durst presume in his heart to do so?

And Esther replies,
The adversary and enemy is this wicked Haman.

And the scripture says, "Then Haman was afraid before the king and queen." I bet that is an understatement :)


The king, upset, leaves and goes to the palace garden, probably to think and decide what to do. While he is gone, Haman pleads for his life before Esther the queen. They get in some kind of fight, and as the king returns he finds Haman fighting with Esther on the bed.


Poor Esther, I can see her overpowered physically by this horrible man, who is so mad at her. I am sure that she is fearing for her virtue as well as her life.


As you can imagine, walking in on this scene, further angers the king, and if he hadn't decided to before, he now decides to have Haman killed. Ironically, he is hung on the very gallows that he had made for Mordecai.


Yes, perhaps Esther was born at that time, and put in that place, "for such a time as this." What beauty, what bravery, what faith...
(I think this story would make a wonderful movie- a big time movie- with Anne Hathaway as Esther, Liam Nielson as Mordecai, who do you think should play the king - maybe Sean Connery- or is he to predictable- and Haman?)

No comments: