Friday, September 19, 2008

Helaman 10 Prayer





I studied in Helaman today. There is a lot that I can learn from Nephi's example. Today I learned about prayer.




Helaman 10-




3—and it came to pass as he was thus pondering in his heart, behold, a voice came unto him saying:

4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.








If I want my pryers to be answered, I need to ask for that which is consistant to, not contrarty to the Lord's will.








3 Ne. 18: 20.
20 And
whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.








D&C 88: 64 (63-65).
64 Whatsoever ye
ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you;








Enos 1: 12.
12 And it came to pass that after I had
prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith.








James 4: 3 (1-3).
3 Ye
ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.








2 Ne. 4: 35.
35 Yea, I know that God will give
liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness.








D&C 46: 30.
30 He that
asketh in the Spirit asketh according to the will of God; wherefore it is done even as he asketh.








In summery, I need to ask for:








  • that which is right




  • I need to believe that I will receive




  • that which is expedient




  • I need to have faith




  • I need to ask for the right thing




  • ask in the spirit




  • ask according to the word of God

No comments: