Sunday, September 21, 2008

Helaman 12 Humble Becasue of the Word


I am still in chapter 12- I am not a big fan of verse 3 :)


3 And thus we see that except the Lord doth chasten his people with many afflictions, yea, except he doth visit them with death and with terror, and with famine and with all manner of pestilence, they will not remember him. (there is that word "remember" again- I need to "always remember Him.")


Instead, I like Alma, chapter 32, Alma is teaching the Zoramites, who were cast out of their synagogue because of their poverty.


14 And now, as I said unto you, that because ye were compelled to be humble ye were blessed, do ye not suppose that they are more blessed who truly humble themselves because of the word?


To me, this verse (Alma 32:14)- is teaching me that I do not need to experience hardships to remember the Lord, I can be humbled through the Word of God rather than trials. This is what I want; this is what I am trying for.

No comments: