Friday, January 23, 2009

An Elect Lady




I just finished the book I've been reading: Emma Smith, and Elect Lady. Here are a couple of highlights:

Her son, Joseph Smith III asked her about the plates- here is her response:





The plates often lay on the table without any attempt at concealment, wrapped
in a small linen table cloth, which I had given him to fold them in. I
once felt the plates, as they lay on the table, tracing their outline and
shape. They seemed to be pliable like thick paper, and would rustle wit h
a metallic sound when the edges were moved by the thumb, as one does sometimes
thumb the edges of a book...I moved them from place to place on the table, as it
was necessary in doing my work.





In her 74th year she said of her husband, Joseph Smith,



"I believe he was everything he professed to be."


A quote form her patriarchal blessing:



"The holy angels shall watch over thee; and thou shalt be saved in
the kingdom of God even so, Amen."

No comments: