Monday, January 12, 2009

The Power of Deliverance

But behold, I Nephi will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he has chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty, even unto the power of deliverance.
1 Nephi 1:20

I think it is natural to want "immediate deliverance." Elder Maxwell said that some of us (like myself) want to go through life with all "green lights and empty parking spaces." Which sometimes might come, but generally there are a good number of red lights and full parking lots in our journey through life.

I love this scripture, where Nephi tells me the secret is remaining strong in faith, which will result in the tender mercies of the Lord, leading me to deliverance.

3 comments:

Michal said...

thanks for the reminder. it is now officially memorized. what are we doing this week?

i love thinking about the tender mercies of the lord. if i am watching for them, i can find them EVERY DAY, but if i'm not paying attention, i can completely miss them.

Christine said...

Let's memorize 2 Nephi 9: 51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your alabor for that which cannot bsatisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and cfeast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness. How about if we go in order and select one scripture from each book- then start over with 1 Nephi?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.